Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

To Kill A Mockingbird

As it is the school holidays my school are doing something called the summer learning challenge. As you can guess the summer learning challenge helps kids learn in the summer. For this activity, I had to design a catchy book cover for one of my favourite books. I did it on To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee which I am currently reading. I think the cover looks really good. The image is public domain but it belongs to someone called Bodiddy.

Have you read To Kill A Mockingbird? If so please comment below. I appreciate your feedback.

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Quinn,

    You’ve done an exquisite job on your cover page for ‘To Kill A Mockingbird’. It stands out incredibly well and your use of minimalism is superb in pushing the theme of the book across without detailing too many spoilers. I also really like how you used colours in the text to make the title and author pop, and I like how you credited the image in your blurb explaining what you were doing in the post.

    Have you considered including a wee synopsis of the book at the start of your post. You could outline the challenges the book explores and explain what happens without giving away the ending. It could encourage your readers to give ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’ a go.

    What are some other books you have read? Have you tried the Narnia series, or Harry Potter? Perhaps Animal Farm.

    Happy blogging!
    Ngā mihi maioha,
    Shannon (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shannon,
      Thank you for the comment. I find it really helpful. I have read the Harry Potter series over and over again. The only book from the Narnia series I have read is the Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe but I have not read Animal Farm. Maybe I should get it the next time I go to the library.

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post