Pages

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Concerning Cancer

As we all know it is the school holidays and over the holidays you seem to forget what you have learnt over the last year. That is why schools in New Zealand are the Summer Learning Journey. For this activity in the Summer Learning Journey, I had to pick a charity and describe what kind of work they do. I chose to research Cancer Societ NZ and I got all my information from their official website. I think I have done a really good and proper description. Here it is:
 Do you do the summer learning journey? If so please comment below because I appreciate your feedback.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Quinn,

    Wow, you’ve done an incredible job summarising who the Cancer Society is and what they do. I like how you have included the fact that they care for those who have cancer as well as help prevent people from getting it, whether it be through early testing or spreading information about possible warning signs. It’s important when addressing a problem like this that you not only address the symptoms but also that you try and minimise the number of people who get it. This is done best by things like ads on TV telling you to use sunscreen or posters at the doctors telling you what to look out for.

    Have you seen some of the advertising the Cancer Society has done for prevention? Perhaps you could tell me where you have seen it.

    It would be really awesome if you could include pictures or colours into your post to really engage your readers. Perhaps you could look at these tips for making eye catching blog posts to help or grab some inspiration.

    Happy holidays!
    Shannon (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post