Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2019

Kids For The Vote!

This term in writing we have been working on persuasive writing. We have made multiple pieces of persuasive writing over the term. One of the topics we had to write about is why kids in Nz should be able to vote. We were allowed to choose whether we wanted to do for or against. Here is m persuasive writing:

Have you ever wished that you could choose who your boss is? Have you ever wished your say would be considered? Well, today I am going to tell you why kids in NZ should vote.

New Zealand is a democracy and according to Wikipedia a democracy "is a system of government where the citizens exercise their power by voting" and Merriam-Webster defines a citizen as "an inhabitant of a city or town especially one entitled to the rights and privileges of a freeman". And as all citizens are allowed to vote then children should be allowed to vote too.

Secondly, I think that at it is at least slightly ageist because that kids are not allowed to vote as it is inferring that kids are not clever enough or not trustworthy enough even though some adults make really silly decisions.

A survey has shown that 40% of people who can legally vote choose not to vote so if children can vote then it will make up for all the people who do not vote.

Today I have told you how many people vote, why children should vot and much more. I hope you all agree that Kiwichildren should vote.

Do you wish you could vote? Do you agree with my opinion? If so please comment below. I appreciate your feedback.




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post