Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Purposeful Persuasive Writing

In writing this term we are working on persuasive writing. Firstly we had to do planning on a persuasive topic of our choice. I chose to do why sportswomen should get more credit. Then we got to write our persuasive writing.
We then had to swap stories with someone in our literacy group and fill in some sheets on our buddies story. Here is what my buddy Taylor filled in for mine:
What my buddy Taylor filled in for mine.
We then started a new piece of persuasive writing on a topic of our choice using the following 4 progressions:
1. Independently edit and revise my writing for clarity, impact and purpose.
2.Support ideas with increasing detail and elaboration.
3. Use language features that are suitable to the topic, audience and purpose.
4. Begin to use literary features for effect when appropriate.
I did my second bit of persuasive writing on why maths is more important than writing. Here it is:



We then had to edit our story with the 4 learning progressions and then go back and edit the first bit of writing we did with the same 4 progressions.
Do you like doing persuasive writing? Do you agree or disagree with either of my topics? If you do please comment below. I appreciate your feedback.

1 comment:

  1. I found both of your pieces of writing very interesting Quinn. The huge pay gap between female and male sports people is hsocking and I hope that with open mindedness like yours that this will change over time.

    Erin (mum)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post