Pages

Friday, July 5, 2019

Magical Multiplication Pictures

In  Mrs Atkinson's maths group this term we have been doing multiplication pictures. Multiplication pictures are made by a group of shapes on a page all having numbers in them. They are arranged so the areas intended to be one colour have only multiples of one number then the next area only has multiples of another number and so on. The numbers are arranged so when it is finished it makes a picture. We had 4 steps in making them. Firstly we had to print out a picture of our choice. I chose my picture to be of a football (soccer ball).
We then traced it onto a piece of plain OHP paper and some of us put our numbers on then but I did not.
The next step was to photocopy it onto a piece of paper and write our numbers on the right areas. My numbers are from the  5,6 and 7 tables.
Our next and final step was to colour in the picture to get our final copy.

If you have any confusion or have done a multiplication picture before please comment below. I appreciate your feedback.




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post